Creativity and New Media

For this assignment, I decided to be creative and create an avatar with Second Life. In the virtual world, I got to interact with places, objects, and other avatars. I even had a full conversation with another avatar in the chat, which was really cool. The game let me build buildings and shop for clothes to customize my avatar. What is so interesting about Second Life is how realistic it feels. It made me feel like I was in another world with no responsibilities. I also brought my avatar to travel the world. I brought her to London, which is a place I've never been to but always wanted to go. To move around, my avatar can either walk, run, or fly. I chose to let my avatar fly because I can't do that in real life. A lot of other avatars were dressed up as vampires and other creatures which I didn't expect. New media has allowed me to live a second life and this is definitely something I will continue using.

Comments

  1. It is interesting how Second Life gave you the opportunity to go to London from the commodity of your home. I found it surprising because it lets you know places that you have always wanted to go, but because of time or money, it is hard to achieve it. I also found it kind of crazy to let your avatar fly. It sounds like fun!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts