Blog: Next New

A new media that currently doesn't exist is an app that picks out a restaurant for you when you are with a group of friends. Usually, when I go out to eat with a group of people, we always end up with different ideas for what to eat and can never agree on which restaurant to go to. This app allows each user in the group to select from a list of foods or a type of cuisine they want. Collectively, using everyone's options, it can select a restaurant in the area that has similar foods to the ones that the group picked. For example, if I am with my friends, Emily, Claire, Stanley, and Terry and Emily wants pasta, Claire wants ramen, Stanley wants chicken, and Terry wants soup, the app can recommend a Vietnamese restaurant in the neighborhood that can satisfy everyone's need. This app can be in collaboration with Yelp and has the potential to grow even bigger.

Comments

  1. I think this is a great idea! I can't count how many times I run into the problem of choosing a place to eat when I'm with my friends. This app would be such a time saver, especially for someone as indecisive as I am.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this idea! Every single time I try to eat out with my friends we always throw around "you choose" "no you choose" and it goes on and on and in the end we usually don't end up picking a place therefore we don't even hang out! My friends and I are super indecisive so this would be perfect. I love how its a collaboration with yelp too because I am a huge yelp fan!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think this is a great idea! Deciding on where to eat can be extremely time consuming. I'd love to make it easier in any way possible. Eating out with friends is so enjoyable but actually deciding on where to go is the worst. Collaborating with Yelp is also good because Yelp is very reliable and people already have that trust with them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good idea, I can see it being very helpful. I also thought of an additional option that the platform might add. The feature of tracking how many times the people in your group went to the places they prefered. So, let's say Emily and Claire got the restaurants they wanted 4 times while Stanley and Terry got the places they wanted only twice. So the next time Stanley's and Terry's preferences would have more probability of showing up. Overall, it would be a fun way of tracking the groups' restaurant preferences.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow I love this idea! I can't tell you the amount of times that I've been with my friends or family trying to decide where to eat last minute! It always takes us forever to finally come to a decision and an app like this would make it so much easier! Especially if it partnered with Yelp to give you the best places with the top ratings.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts